Many relationships between Bigs and Littles fall under our Community-Based programs. These are one-on-one outings and activities, doing things they enjoy together, like:
- Taking a walk in the park
- Playing a game together
- Watching a local sporting event
- Listening to music
- Hanging out and talking
Some Bigs meet their Littles on the weekends. Others get together with their Littles in the evenings. Each match is unique and develops a schedule that works for them.
Role models make an impact
National and local studies show that children who have role models are more likely to improve in:
- their relationships with family and friends
- are less likely to skip school,
- or use illegal drugs/alcohol.
Students who are successful in school are less likely to drop out, abuse drugs or commit crimes.